Well fair readers of this blog, a number of folks have questioned whether parts of yesterday's post actually meets the Rotary Four-Way Test: Is it the TRUTH? Is it FAIR to all concerned? Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS? Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned? The answer, of course, is no.
In my own defence, I provide the following. Yes, there is a Muskoka Groundhog. He lives in the culvert between our house and the garage. No, he can't predict the weather. He will say, however, that the inadvertent blasting of car alarms will diminish by 99% on the Tuesday after Labour Day. I have, on good authority from Little Jackie Paper, a friend of Puff the Magic Dragon, that this is fact. I'm still having a little problem with the Truth part aren't I. Perhaps I can change it to "is it FUN"?
As to FAIR, GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS and BENEFICIAL, if you got a little chuckle from all this, then it passes three of the four.
It's Winterfest in Port Carling this weekend. I'll be limited to watching the fireworks display from the car. We have a friend, Barb Syer, arriving from Toronto tomorrow, so the two Barbs will be on there own.
Oops, the phones ringing with a call from a place called Honah Lee.
Gotta go now, Bye
No comments:
Post a Comment