The Neibert Family

The Neibert Family
A family photo op Jan 1, 2011

Thursday, February 3, 2011

February 3rd, 2011

Well, the "Muskoka Groundhog" made its appearance today; what's the rush, it's winter in Muskoka and besides, he works on Muskoka time. You've heard it here first folks, there will be black flies in June. Our little rodent only predicts the obvious. After making his prophesy, the little guy cracked a beer and asked how the ice fishing was going; don't know why, he's a vegetarian.

With that preamble, you can no doubt figure it has been a little quiet around here today. Our guests departed mid morning and I was left to my own resources. After careful consideration, I had a long nap.

My buddy John Newton stopped by early this afternoon, having just returned from trekking around Columbia for the past three weeks. John and his wife Pam travel the way I wish I had the nerve to; a return airline ticket, two back packs and no set itinerary. They do have some adventures.

I received several great emails and cards today. Again, to those who take the time to send messages, all I can say is many thanks. The love and caring expressed in the messages means so much to me. With some I laugh, with others I cry and with all, I reflect on just how lucky I am.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment