I know everyone was hoping I was finished with all the rodent stuff, but alas, you will have to tolerate it for one more day.
As mentioned yesterday, this is Winterfest weekend in Port Carling and like so many winter carnivals, one of the "foods" featured is beaver tails. No, not the kind that slap on the water; I'm talking about the healthy kind, dough, deep fried in fat and then rolled in sugar and cinnamon. The two Barbs arrived home with three of the aforementioned beasts, totally unaware that one of our neighbours had just dropped off three more of the same. How many of those things can one person consume before you reach total overload?
Speaking of overload, our friend Barb Syer brought dinner this evening; take-out BBQ from the Drake on Queen Street West, in Toronto. This evening's repast consisted of copious quantities of pulled pork, beef brisket, cole slaw and Kosher dill pickles. This steady diet of health food is beginning to concern me. After all, how much of living the pure life must one subject oneself to?
Now there's trouble ahead. I was just informed it's time for dessert; it is just like an Oreo cookie, but much bigger.
Bye for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment