The Neibert Family

The Neibert Family
A family photo op Jan 1, 2011

Saturday, May 7, 2011

May 7th, 2011

Oh man, did I get a great smack on the back of the head yesterday. I received an email from a truly dear friend at Rotary International that brought me to a halt; up short and quickly. Not only did it bring me to a halt, it also brought me to tears. I haven’t had a chance to talk with my dear friend to ask if I may include her message in one of my posts, but I will do so early next week. If she gives me the OK, I’ll include it some time next week.

The past couple of weeks have been a challenge to say the least. The ups and downs have been beyond belief. I thought I was able to deal with changes in diagnosis and subsequent treatment plans. That certainly change this past Thursday; the day I donated a big chunk of belly fat. When the doctor passed the “specimen” to the nurse and told her to send it to the lab for determination of Amyloidosis, I went apoplectic. I thought all of that was behind me and I was headed towards something more treatable; apparently not.

Now, back to the email message I received. I went back and reviewed some of my recent posts. For the most part, they’ve been very negative. The message I received didn’t say that in so many words; it just happened to jump out from between the lines.

This journey through life, that we all enjoy, deserves our best, and of late, I’m not sure my efforts come anywhere close to the mark. I’ll try hard to change that situation.

Barb and I are off this evening to one of the truly fun Rotary events in the area. The Rotary Club of Washago is hosting their annual Wild Game Dinner; an evening of great food and fun but most importantly an evening of fellowship.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment