It’s been one of those days where time just disappeared. I went out to pick up a few things early this morning and figured the balance of the day would be quiet. I can’t believe how the day evolved from there.
First to be stroked off the list: call Bell Canada about the monthly phone and satellite bill; it should take most of the morning to get past “Automated Annie” before getting to a real person, in the right department, who can actually answer my questions. Wrong; it took a total of two minutes to reach a real person. Then, not only could this person help me, he actually did and saved me money in the process. Really, it’s the truth.
Just as I was finishing with Bell, there was a knock on the door and who’s there but my friend Ian Murdock from Waterloo. He had a little business to do in the area and had stopped by to see if I wanted to get out of the house and join him for the ride. I think I was saying yes while he was still asking the question. Thanks Ian.
Barb had some pre-op tests to be done at the local hospital and then had a visit from the physiotherapist who will be keeping an eye on her after the hip replacement. We’re going to need more equipment around here or we’ll be arm wrestling for the walker; on second thought it would just be easier if I gave it to her now.
Our friends Pam and John Newton called and invited us for dinner. It didn’t take long to say yes to that invitation either, so off we went.
I’m sure happy I picked today to fight with the phone company.
See you tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment