I’ve been working on the “thought deficit disorder” thing that appears to have been plaguing me of late. You may very well regret my efforts.
1. I never thought I would say, yet alone write, the words “bring on the chemo”.
2. I never thought the word “vomit” would become part of my daily lexicon.
3. I never thought that “stem cell research” would be number 1 on my wish list.
4. I never thought I would look forward to having a doctor tell me he wants to refer me to Princess Margaret Hospital.
5. I never thought I would have so much time to contemplate my own mortality.
6. I never fully understood the importance of being asked. If any of us had not been asked by someone to do something, we wouldn’t have had the opportunities to do what we have done. Think about the person who asked you to get involved and thank them.
7. Never forget those who supported you after someone asked you to get involved and you said yes; usually without first asking those who support you.
8. Never underestimate the value of friends.
9. I’ve never, until now, fully appreciated the beauty of a morning; whether it starts with sunshine or clouds. It is after all, the start of another day.
10. I never thought the support of my mother, wife, siblings, children and grand children would be so important; after all, it’s my job as a child, family member, partner and parent to support them.
11. Never forget to say “I love you”; something I, too often, forget to do.
The list could go on and on but ‘nough said for now.
See you tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment