The Neibert Family

The Neibert Family
A family photo op Jan 1, 2011

Thursday, March 24, 2011

March 24th, 2011

I now understand how the Toronto Maple Leafs; by the way, as far as I know, the only team in professional sport who can’t spell their name correctly, feel about trying to build a winning team. The big difference is we’re making progress and will be in the playoffs.
The new nephrologist is a definite first line player who will fit right in with my local family doctor and internist. He actually listens to questions, answers them directly in an understandable way and treats you like a real person. As to the cardiologist and haematologist, they are being sent down to the minors and are on the trading block.
So now it’s time for the good news, bad news story. The good news, all the testing and biopsies indicate I do not have amyloidosis. The bad news, it’s a different nasty protein doing just about the same thing. The plan now is one more trip to Sudbury to see the nephrologist to finalize the treatment details. The way it looks at present, I will be doing chemo in Toronto followed by a stem cell transplant. More information will follow on this later.
All and all, the whole trip to Sudbury was saved by one very fine doctor. He has confirmed that, yes, we are making progress. I think we’ll win “The Cup” before the Leafs.
See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment