I think I have finally recovered from North Bay. I don’t think I fully understood how poorly I’m doing health wise until now. It’s not about what I can do but rather about what my body tells me I can’t do; when I run out of steam, the body speaks loudly and clearly, stop you fool.
We arrived in North Bay late Thursday afternoon. Thursday evening was a quiet dinner with the Assistant District Governors who will be serving next Rotary year (for the non Rotarian readers, the Rotary year is July 1 to June 30). This was the first training weekend for three of our AGs, and what a great group they are. It’s going to be a fantastic year as Brian Menton takes over as District Governor and has the support of this group.
Friday was dedicated to Assistant Governor training, with a District business meeting after dinner. It was great to see so many of my long standing Rotary friends at that meeting. Saturday morning was set aside for general discussion and updating of information for the AGs as well as District committee chairs. All in all, quite a full agenda.
I know I spend a lot of time talking about Rotary, however it is, and has been, a big part of my life for 26 years. Believe it or not, I do have friends and interests outside of Rotary. Late this afternoon our friend Jamie Blair stopped by for a visit and dropped off a box of chocolate covered pretzels. Jamie became the first visitor this year to arrive by snow mobile.
See you tomorrow.
See you tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment