The Neibert Family

The Neibert Family
A family photo op Jan 1, 2011

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February 22nd, 2011

Special thanks go out today to Dave Nodwell, for the ride to, and Angela LeMaitre, for the return trip from, Rotary this morning. Angela did double duty this morning, both as driver and speaker at this morning’s meeting; she did a great job with both.
It was another great day in Muskoka; bright sunshine and moderate temperatures. It was a quiet morning, giving me time to get caught up on a few chores. After lunch, Brian Hare and Sherri Orff stopped by for a visit; it was great to see both of them. I also had a nice telephone conversation with District Governor Dawn Straka this afternoon.
It appears there’s a bit of a conspiracy going on in the neighbourhood. Comments regarding upcoming medical appointments triggered some concern with the “primary care giver” last evening. Apparently, there is an “Evening of Appreciation” event, hosted by The Rotary Club of Bracebridge-Muskoka Lakes, being held in my honour next Wednesday evening and I just found out about it; guess I best stay healthy, at least until the 3rd of March.
This coming weekend, I’m off to North Bay for Rotary District 7010 business; departing Thursday afternoon and returning Saturday late afternoon. It’s very kind of the District leadership to include me in this training weekend, when you consider I now have no official status. I think I’m about to create a new Rotary International position and acronym; DGER, District Governor-elect Retired.
I’ll be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment