The Neibert Family

The Neibert Family
A family photo op Jan 1, 2011

Monday, January 31, 2011

January 31st, 2011

Well, I'm back; exhausted but back.

We travelled to Waterloo Sunday morning, arriving just about 12:30 p.m. Shortly thereafter, Bob and Sharon arrived with Michael and Christopher. After hugs and kisses hello, time was spent catching up on the boy's activities from the past week; school, soccer, wrestling, downhill skiing, basketball, trumpet lessons and science fair, with time left over for homework, family and friends. I may have just solved one of my problems from this past week; if I let the boys have my self winding watch for a week or two, it should be good for several months on my motionless wrist.

My sister Marilyn and her husband Bob then arrived to add to the excitement shortly before Blake and Liisa (yes Liisa with two i's, it's Estonian) arrived. It was now, pretty much, a full blown party. We had a great visit, even managing to keep the conversation relevant for all present. By 5:00, all goodbyes were said and my mother, Barb and I started preparing for a quiet dinner.

This morning, it was off to Toronto to visit with my older sister Caroline; after all, Toronto is almost on the way to Muskoka. We hadn't seen Caroline since mid December, so we had a lot of catching up to do. We had lunch and a great chat, then headed north, arriving home about 5:30. 

And that folks is why I'm exhausted. This old body just doesn't travel the way it used to.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment